Michael D. Chambers
University of Wisconsin, B.S. Aquatic Biology, 1985
Master Captains License, 100 ton, Miami, Fl. 1990
Texas A&M University, M.S. Mariculture, 1994
University of New Hampshire, Ph.D. Biological Sciences, in progress
Mr. Chambers has 23 years' experience managing and developing open ocean aquaculture and marine biological research in the US and abroad. Projects have focused on environmental responsible farming technologies for temperate and tropical marine shellfish and finfish species in the Atlantic, Pacific and Gulf of Mexico.
1. Rillahan, C., M. D. Chambers, W. H. Howell, W. H. Watson III. 2011. The Behavior of Cod (Gadus Morhua) in an Offshore Aquaculture Net Pen. Aquaculture. Volume 310, Issues 3-4. Pp. 361-368.
2. Chambers, M.D., J. DeCew, B. Celikkol, M. Yigit and M.C. Cremer. 2011. Small-Scale, Submersible Fish Cages Suitable for Developing Economies. Global Aquaculture advocate, Vol. 14, Issue 1. Pp. 30-32.
3. Rillahan, C., M.D. Chambers, W.H. Watson and W. H. Howell. 2009. "A self-contained system for observing and quantifying the behavior of Atlantic cod, Gadus morhua, in an offshore aquaculture cage," J. Aquaculture. (http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.aquaculture.2009.04.003)
4. Chambers, M.D., R. Langan, W. Howell, B. Celikkol, K., W. Watson, R. Barnaby, J. DeCew and C. Rillihan. 2007. "Recent Developments at the University of New Hampshire Open Ocean Aquaculture Site," Bull. Aquacul. Assoc. Canada 105(3).
5. Chambers, M.D. and W.H. Howell, "Preliminary information on cod and haddock production in submerged cages off the coast of New Hampshire USA," ICES Journal of Marine Science, 63(2) (2006)
6. Howell, W.H. and M.D. Chambers. 2005."Growth performance and survival of Atlantic halibut (Hippoglossus hippoglossus) grown in submerged net pens," Bull. Aqua. Assoc. Canada, 9:35-37.
7. Fredriksson, D. W. J. DeCew, M. R. Swift, I. Tsukrov, M. D. Chambers and B. Celikkol. 2004. "The Design and Analysis of a Four-Cage Grid Mooring for Open Ocean Aquaculture," Aquacultural Engineering 32:77-94.
8. Chambers, M.D., W.H. Howell, R. Langan, B. Celikkol and D. Fredriksson. 2003. "Status of Open Ocean Aquaculture in New Hampshire," Open Ocean Aquaculture, From Research to Commercial Reality. The World Aquaculture Society, Baton Rouge, Louisiana, United States.
9. Rice, G.A., M. Stommel, M.D. Chambers and O. Eroshkin. 2003. "The Design, Construction, and Testing of the University of New Hampshire Feed Buoy," Open Ocean Aquaculture, From Research to Commercial Reality. The World Aquaculture Society.
10. Chambers, M.D., J. Zimmerman, and A. Apeitos. 2001. "Growout Techniques for the Pacific Threadfin Polydactylus sexfilis," Center for Tropical and Subtropical Aquaculture. Aquafarmer Information Sheet #145.